At Peninsula Sports Medicine Group, we believe there are many physical benefits for mother and baby when receiving massages during pregnancy. From the minimization of stretch marks and splitting of the abdominals, to improved lymphatic drainage decreasing carpal tunnel syndrome – massage does more than just helping with a sore back and fatigued muscles!
The benefits of Pregnancy massage:
- Assists in eliminating waste products such as lactic acid, improving energy levwls
- Aids in blood circulation, bringing more oxygen and nutrients to the fetus
- Alleviates muscle tightness, stiffness, tension and cramping
- Relieve depression or anxiety caused by hormonal changes
- Stimulates glandular secretions, assisting in stabilisation of hormone levels
- Increases muscular flexibility, helping with the birthing process.
- Assists in preparation and loosening of the pelvis before birth
Book in for a pregnancy massage at your nearest Peninsula Sports Medicine Practice.
Please note that once pregnancy is advanced – lying on the back is discouraged as this may cause adverse pressure on deep blood vessels. Peninsula Sports Medicine Group has a number of “Prone Lying” maternity massage cushions to normalise a healthy and relaxing massage.