CALLING ALL TRADIES – do you do these 5 things every day?
AUGUST IS NATIONAL TRADIES HEALTH MONTH
Being fit for work doesn’t mean having chiselled abs, going for a run at the end of the day or benching 80kgs. Performing a simple set of preventative stretches and exercises can keep your joints and muscles ‘fit’and avoid injury.
Do these 5 small things every day to help keep you fit for work?
- Can you bend and reach without strain? Keep your flexibility by doing 5-10 minutes of stretching every morning
- Take frequent microbreaks during the day rather than infrequent long breaks
- Stay hydrated – 2-3 litres is what you need!
- Keep your core strong – go with your other half to Pilates once in awhile or do a Pilates for Blokes class at Langwarrin Sports Medicine Centre or Rosebud Physiotherapy Clinic.
- Sleep well and eat well – give yourself energy to help you remain healthy, alert and safe
Did you know about PhysiApp for tradies?
If you need inspo to help you stretch and strengthen key muscle groups, in conjunction with Physitrack, the Australia Physiotherapy Association have created a collection of exercise videos to help you get through the toughest days.
The best part: it’s completely free and you can access it right from your phone or tablet!
- Download PhysiApp from the App Store or Google Play.
- Enter access code: wnqpcb
- Enjoy a new exercise each day until the end of August
What are you waiting for?
For a tailored program and exercises make an appointment at your nearest clinic.
*Content adapted from www.tradieshealth.com.au